Apple pear pie. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Squeeze the lemon juice over the fruit, then toss fruit with the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg.
Apple and pears are very similar fruits. Toss a mix of apples (Gala, Mcintosh, and Cortlands, are my favorites) with apple pie spice, a dash of lemon juice, and cornstarch. So simple but yet so comforting. You can have Apple pear pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple pear pie
- It’s of Pale flour.
- Prepare of Unsalted butter.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of braking powder.
- It’s of egg.
- You need of big apples.
- It’s of big pears.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare of Brown sugar.
- It’s of Juice from 1/3 of lemon.
The pears are great if they are not overripe as they could disintegrate when the pie is cooked. The pears add a great texture to this apple pie. Top with the apple and pear mixture. Warm through the apricot jam and a few drops of water in a pan or microwave, then generously brush over the finished tart.
Apple pear pie instructions
- Chop apples and pears into small pieces..
- Put them with brown sugar and lemon juice to a pot and cook them to make them soft..
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients and crumble butter in it with an egg. Make a solid dough. Wrap it and put it to the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- With a half of the dough cover a backing dish and make small holes with a fork. Cover it with cooked fruits..
- The second half of the dough grate on a cheese grater and cover the fruit layer..
- Bake it at 180oC for 60 minutes..
- Enjoy your cake!.
Serve the tart with dollops of crème fraîche, if you like. Fancy getting a copy in print? Combine pears, apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt and lemon juice in large bowl. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apples, pears, granulated sugar, brown sugar, ginger and salt.