Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice. Helping you cut the cost of pet care. All The Supplies, Food, Toys And Accessories You Need To Keep Your Pet Happy. Cover and cook on low until water is nearly absorbed.
Spread the chicken on the bottom of a casserole dish; add chopped onion, green pepper and the uncooked rice. Pour the Rotel tomatoes over this then add the chicken broth. More broth may be added while cooking if needed. You can cook Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice
- You need of For the chicken.
- It’s 3 lbs of boneless chicken breast, cubed.
- It’s 1/2 of LG onion.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cups of salsa verde.
- You need 1/2 tbs of each; cumin, Chile powder, white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/8 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, seeded and diced.
- Prepare of For the rice.
- You need 2 cups of white rice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each; garlic powder, cumin, Chile powder, white pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 4.5 tsp of tomato-chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 (14 Oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s of For the dough.
- It’s 4 cups of Mesa flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of hot water.
- You need 2/3 cup of shortening or lard.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- You need of Limes.
- It’s 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 tbs of melted garlic butter.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of Roasted jalapeños.
- It’s 3 of LG pasilla peppers.
Top with cheese when cooked, return to oven until cheese is melted. Add the chicken and spread into an even layer. Add the white wine, chicken stock, herbs (Rosemary and Thyme), paprika and season to taste. After removing from the oven, carefully stir in the cream and the chopped parsley to the sauce before serving.
Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice instructions
- Start with the filling. Heat oil in a LG frying pan. Add onion. Saute for 5 minutes to sweat onions, don't brown. Add chicken, garlic, and seasonings. Cook until chicken is almost done, just a little bit of pink. Do not drain juices. Add salsa and a quarter cup of chopped cilantro. Either make your own or buy the salsa. I used my recipe for roasted salsa verde. Bring salsa to a simmer. Slowly add Mesa flour while stirring constantly until you reach your desired thickness..
- Meanwhile char the skins of the pasilla peppers. If you have a gas range, place directly over burner. If not place directly on top oven rack and broil on hi. The key is to char the skins quickly. When all the skin is charred, place in a plastic bag. Seal and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove all skin and seeds from peppers. Tear open so pepper lays flat..
- Next make the dough. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cut in the lard or shortening. Mix in the hot water until well combined..
- Grease a large casserole dish. Lay in chicken mixture. Next lay the peppers over the top. Cover with cheddar cheese. Evenly spread the dough over that. Brush with melted garlic butter. Place in the oven at 400 until filling is bubbly and dough browns slightly..
- While in the oven, melt butter in a fry pan for the rice. Add dry rice to pan and cook 3-4 minutes stirring constantly. Add rest of rice ingredients. Stir well. Cover and cook on low until water is nearly absorbed. Do not stir. Turn off heat and let sit on burner covered for 10 minutes..
- Plate rice. Place casserole on top. Garnish with limes, cilantro, and jalapeño. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
A comforting stew using Spanish flavours. Mix the chicken with a can of Rotel, sour cream, and some seasonings… This south-of-the-border inspired Mexican Salsa Chicken and Rice Casserole is a one dish meal packed with flavor. Salsa, roast chicken, Spanish rice and vegetables are mixed together and baked until bubbly with lots of gooey cheese on top. Top each serving with sour cream or guacamole and homemade pico de gallo and it's a homemade fiesta. Bring chicken broth and salsa verde to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan then add rice, place a lid on top, turn heat down to medium, and then cook according to package directions.