Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Pour in water and oil; mix until dough no longer sticks to the bowl. In a food processor add whole wheat and all purpose flours, proofed yeast, oil mixed with honey and salt. Pulse processor to combine all ingredients.
Using whole wheat pizza dough takes your pizza to a whole new level. So many people turn up their noses at whole wheat, claiming it being dense, tough and tasting bland. This dough recipe will change all that. You can have Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- It’s Utensils: of .
- Prepare of Dry Cup Measure.
- You need of 3/4 Cup Measure.
- Prepare of Liquid Cup Meaure.
- You need of 1/2 Teaspoon Measure.
- It’s of Tablespoon Measure.
- It’s of Large Mixing Bowl.
- Prepare of Wooden Spoon.
- You need of Standard Mixer with paddle and dough hook (helpful but not a must).
- It’s of Plastic Wrap.
- It’s of Hand Towels (also known to Chefs as "Side Towels").
- Prepare Final Dough: of .
- It’s 1 Batch of Soaker (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/259647-basic-soaker).
- It’s 1 Batch of Biga (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256550-simple-biga).
- You need 7 Tablespoons of Whole Wheat Flour.
- It’s 5/8 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Instant Yeast.
- You need 2 1/4 Teaspoons of Honey.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
This whole wheat pizza dough is light, tender, with a slight crunch to its chewy texture. Whole wheat flour yields dough with just a hint of nutty wheat flavor. All-purpose flour works well if that's what you have on hand. Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a food processor; pulse to mix.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough step by step
- In a stand mixer combine all ingredients, mix with paddle attachment on low speed for 1 minute..
- Switch to the hook and mix on medium-low speed for another 6 minutes..
- Divide the dough in 4 smaller balls..
- Coat them in olive oil. Set them in a tray and wrap the tray tightly. Let rise for 1 hour..
- Form the dough into a ball and let it rest on the table for 5 minutes..
- Then roll out using a little flour on the table to help keep from sticking..
- If you are daring, try tossing the dough for a more traditional/ rustic look. At his point the dough is done and ready. At this point you can cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to use or bake (time and temp below)..
- Feel free to add a sauce and or toppings on the pizza dough (prior to freezing and or baking)..
- Note: Preheat the oven at 450F. Then bake for 2 minutes and rotate 180 degrees for even baking. The pizza should take 5 to 8 minutes to bake depending on the amount of toppings. The bottom will be lightly tannish brown when done (link)..
- Link to Whole Wheat Pizza with Portobellos, Spinach and Feta Pizza recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256549-whole-wheat-pizza-portobello-spinach-and-feta-cheese-pizza.
Combine hot water and oil in a measuring cup. With the motor running, gradually pour in enough of the hot liquid until the mixture forms a sticky ball. The dough should be quite soft. All whole wheat pizza dough recipes are different, but they typically all have the same ingredients: whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, oil, and some may have sugar. Here is the breakdown of what I use in my own recipe.