Creamy corn in bread baskets. Creamy corn in bread baskets Reena Andavarapu AP. #indvsw An easy appetiser adding to the thrill of #indvsw match today. Cut into rounds and use to line patty tins, buttered side down. Fill with hot filling and serve. ——-Filling————.
Of course you CAN if you want to! The creamed corn and sour cream baked in it keep it moist enough on its own, however! Combine cornmeal, eggs, and cream-style corn in a medium bowl. You can have Creamy corn in bread baskets using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy corn in bread baskets
- You need 6 slices of bread.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweet corn.
- You need 1 of onion chopped fine.
- It’s 1 of tomato chopped fine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped coriander.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of eggless mayoneese.
- You need 1 tbsp of pizza pasta sauce (hone made or store bought).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly crushed black pepper.
- It’s as needed of Salt to season.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
Slowly add coconut milk, stirring until it's all been mixed into the cornmeal mixture Add salt,. Creamed Corn is corn cooked and pureed until corn release starch and sweetness. The resulting cooked corn mixture is soupy, thick, and creamy. Creamed corn is used a lot in Southern cooking.
Creamy corn in bread baskets instructions
- Take a 6 cups muffin tin and grease with oil. Boil the sweet corn with sufficient water,strain and keep aside..
- Take bread slices and roll slightly to press and place in the hollow of muffin tin. It will be uneven as we have not trimmed the edges. Brush all over again with some oil..
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Place the tin to bake for 10 to 12 minutes till you see the crust getting a bit dark..
- Remove them on a serving plate..
- In the mean while take all remaining ingredients in a vessel. Add the sauce and seasonings..
- Mix well and scoop into each basket.Garnish with some finely chopped coriander. Enjoy the crunchy munchy baskets !!.
It is often used in corn casseroles, corn cakes, and prominently in cornbreads. When buying creamed corn, look for low salt and low sugar. This recipe already has sugar and salt. If creamed corn is not low. Don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!