Healthy Banana Bread (no oil, no sugar). Great Tasting Bread Recipes for All to Enjoy. Baking Bread with Almond Breeze is Easy & Delicious. This is my go to recipe that contains no oil, no sugar, no dairy and no eggs!
Sliced Banana Bread Easy, Healthy Sugar Free Banana Bread This Easy, Healthy Sugar Free Banana Bread is the best recipe made with unsweetened applesauce along with a little oil. It is super simple to throw together using pantry staples. Serve it for breakfast or dessert! You can cook Healthy Banana Bread (no oil, no sugar) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Banana Bread (no oil, no sugar)
- It’s 1 cup of (3 big ripe bananas or 5 smaller bananas) mashed bananas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (plain or vanilla) i use farmers union vanilla flavour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 cups all purpose flour or whole wheat (190 gr).
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of semi sweet mini choco chips or dried cranberry (optional).
- It’s of sliced almond for decoration on top (optional). drizzle nutella on top, for extra chocolate flavour.
It's the BEST healthy banana bread recipe to still yield incredibly moist, perfectly sweet, and delicious bread! The many reviews of this Healthy Banana Bread recipe really speak for themselves! The addition of yogurt to the recipe adds even more softness without weighing this bread down, and it's sweetened with pure maple syrup instead of refined sugar. (For a version made with granulated sugar, try this Vegan Banana Bread.). Thanks to the extra banana, the bread needs just half a cup of sweetener for the entire recipe—half of what is called for.
Healthy Banana Bread (no oil, no sugar) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350º F/175º C. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. And dust it with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth. I used overripe berangan bananas but any bananas will do..
- Add in the greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla, mix. Stir in the eggs. I always use Farmers Union yogurt Vanilla flavour. Even the yogurt itself tastes like ice cream 😜.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl. (I usually sift them all together to avoid some bitter clump).
- Gradually mix in the flour until no streaks remain. Fold in choco chips/dried cranberry if you use them..
- Pour the batter into the pan, sprinkle with sliced almond and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Oh, our fav topping now is nutella. Spread some nutella and swirl it.
- Made this banana bread so many times, it is just yummy, easy and healthy 😋 keep them in the fridge and they will stay moist..
Enjoy it plain or add some mix-ins: walnuts, pecans, raisins, or my favorite, chocolate chips! Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Moist Healthy Banana Bread with applesauce, no sugar and low fat. It is so delicious you won't know it is healthy. Comes together in one bowl with simple ingredients.