Tartar Sauce. Simple tartar sauce for deep fried seafood. It is better if prepared several hours before you will be using it, but it can be used immediately. Ina Garten's recipe for Tartar Sauce from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network is fresher than the store-bought stuff, and it's so easy it takes only five minutes.
Tartar sauce is typically made of mayonnaise, chopped pickles or gherkins, and onions, capers, or fresh parsley. For those who follow a gluten-free diet, always check the label to verify that the mayonnaise you are using is gluten-free. What goes well with tartar sauce? You can cook Tartar Sauce using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tartar Sauce
- It’s 2 cups of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 medium of Pickled Cucumber or Gherkins.
- Prepare 1 small of White Onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chopped Parsley.
Get Tartar Sauce Recipe from Food Network. Best if refrigerated for an hour before use. Note: Can be made without the food processor, using dill relish or finely minced pickle. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Tartar Sauce instructions
- Chop the onion and cucumber and mix it with mayonnaise in a container add chopped parsley. Now tartar sauce is ready..
- Serve as a sauce with fish dishes. If you add mayonnaise with tomato ketchup it will be called Cocktail Sauce..
- Note: Capers,Chives also.can be added as a choice. Thanks for reading my recipe..
Taste then adjust with additional lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl to blend. What Are the Ingredients in Tartar Sauce? This tartar sauce starts with a base of mayonnaise. To that we mix in chopped dill pickles and capers, Dijon mustard, chopped shallots and scallions, Tabasco hot sauce and lemon juice.