Even Easier Salisbury Steak. Award-winning Meat As Chosen By Michelin-Star Chefs, Delivered To Your Door. Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That's a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet.
The family loved it but im still playing with. To finish the gravy for your Salisbury steak, you could combine butter and flour together (known as a beurre manié) as Julia Child often did to thicken a sauce, but Formicola has a much easier way for achieving a glossy gravy. It has juicy and tender beef patties smothered in the most delicious homemade mushroom gravy. You can have Even Easier Salisbury Steak using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Even Easier Salisbury Steak
- You need 1 of 10 1/2 oz can golden mushroom soup, undiluted.
- You need 2 lb of ground round.
- It’s 1/2 cup of italian breadcrumbs or crushed ritz crackers.
- It’s 1 large of egg, beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 envelope of onion soup mix.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
It's incredible over creamy mashed potatoes. Even the picky eaters will approve of this one-pan dish. Mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Even Easier Salisbury Steak instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F. mix 1/4 cup mushroom soup and all ingredients except water together in a big bowl, combine well.
- shape into oval patties. i made 8, but amount depends on size you make yours.
- spray 3 quart casserole with cooking spray & place patties in pan. it might be a little tight, but its fine because they will shrink a little as they cook.
- bake for approximately 40 minutes…my oven runs extremely hot so it only took 20 mins, but 40 is about right for most.
- drain fat.
- combine remaining mushroom soup and 1/3 cup water, pour over patties.
- bake another 10 minutes. i served mine over homeade mashed potatoes but egg noodles work well too..
- **just a note for people cooking for fusspots like me…my husband loves mushrooms & onions but kids detest them, so i sift out the offending veggies & put them all in my hubbys patties. i also only spooned a little of the mushroom soup (minus shrooms!) on top of their patties & poured Heinz bistro au jus beef gravy over theirs, and in the pan all around all the patties. that way everyone got the gravy they liked and the flavors combined nicely.
Dredge the patties in flour just to coat, and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet. Cooking the Salisbury Steak and the Mushroom Gravy in one skillet enhances flavor AND saves time. Then, remove them to a plate- they will still be raw on the outside. Then, make the mushroom gravy in the same skillet. In a mixing bowl, combine the Beef, Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic Powder, Worcestershire Sauce, Bread Crumbs and one whole Egg.