Potato Corn Chowder. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Add the corn and stir to heat through.
My family loves this potato corn chowder. —Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York Dump in the broth and potatoes. Add the shredded carrots and corn. Add potatoes, onion and garlic; stir to coat with bacon drippings. You can cook Potato Corn Chowder using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Corn Chowder
- Prepare 1 each of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 small of carrot finely diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 box of chicken broth (32 oz each).
- You need 8 medium of potatoes peeled and coarsely chopped.
- You need 1 pints of water.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- You need 2 stick of celery finely diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of ham diced.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper or to taste.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese shredded ( can use same amount Velveeta or Cheez Whiz).
- You need 3 tbsp of cornstarch (with equal amount cold water dissolved in small cup).
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper or to taste.
- You need 1 cup of frozen or canned corn drained.
It is made with tender red potatoes, sweet corn, bacon, veggies, broth, cream, and so much more. All in one pot for easy clean-up! This potato corn chowder is also freezer-friendly, so you can always make a big batch and freeze the rest for later to satisfy all your soup cravings. I love how creamy and cozy this soup is.
Potato Corn Chowder step by step
- In a large stock pot place oil, onion, celery and carrot. Cook over medium heat until translucent..
- Add chicken broth and water to pot and heat until boiling..
- Add potatoes, ham and corn. Heat until it returns to boiling then reduce heat to medium..
- Cook until potatoes are tender approximately 10-15 minutes..
- Add milk and stir well..
- Then add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and cheese. Cook until cheese melts..
- Stir cornstarch and water mixture into soup until thickened. If necessary, you can add more cornstarch with cold water to further thicken soup. Be careful though and only add a tablespoon of cornstarch mixture at a time. If you add too much cornstarch it will be too thick..
- Cook soup for about 10 more minutes..
- Enjoy! It tastes even better the next day..
- (Cornstarch mixture is made by mixing equal parts cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl or cup until dissolved).
Combine, in a large pot,all ingredients except milk and flour/water. Cook until potatoes are fork tender. Add milk and flour/water, stirring well. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic.