Taco Soup. This easy taco soup is a quick meal alternative to Taco Tuesdays or a last-minute potluck invite. Serve with desired taco toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, and Fritos® corn chips. The soup freezes and reheats very well.
When you're ready to eat it again, partially thaw the soup in the refrigerator overnight. Then reheat it in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding broth if necessary. Serve with desired taco toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, and Fritos® corn chips. You can cook Taco Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taco Soup
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- You need of Fresh minced garlic (about 6 of them, minced) I used xtra.
- It’s 1 can (28 oz.) of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of black beans (undrained).
- Prepare 1 cup of corn.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning (or you can use 1 pack of taco seasoning).
The soup freezes and reheats very well. After adding the tomato juice, cool and freeze. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Taco soup means you only need one pot, which means fast clean-up.
Taco Soup step by step
- Brown ground beef in a pan….Add sliced onion and green pepper to meat in pan….
- Add mined garlic to browned meat, onions and green pepper….cook for about 2 minutes…..
- Add black pepper and taco seasoning to pan, then add can of black beans and the water….
- Add the corn and the can of crushed tomatoes to pan, mix well……
- Bring all to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 45 minutes, covered,stirring occasionally….
- Done ✅….. Eat and enjoy with a dollop of sour cream on top and shredded cheddar cheese ! 😋.
Plus, this easy taco soup recipe is a great way to enjoy your favorite Mexican flavors. Once hot, add in beef, onion, peppers, ranch seasoning, and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up the meat as you go, until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Taco soup is an Americanized variation of the traditional Mexican street food served in a crunchy tortilla. This recipe takes away the crunchy tortilla and instead a rich broth, typically of the meat, is added into it.