Tomato basil pie. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Arrange half of the tomato slices over cheese. Sprinkle with half each of the flour, onion, chopped basil, salt and pepper.
Southern Tomato Pie Ingredients This easy tomato pie recipe features a homemade crust and a cheesy tomato filling. Top with tomatoes and set aside. Combine basil and garlic; sprinkle over tomatoes. You can have Tomato basil pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato basil pie
- It’s 1 of frozen pie crust.
- It’s 3 large of tomatoes sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or miracle whip.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of chopped basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozarella.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
And that works out perfectly for tomato basil pie. Besides a few ripe cancer-fighting tomatoes and several basil leaves, you only need a handful of other ingredients, including store bought pie crust, unless you're adventurous enough to make your own. Depending on how much you appreciate basil you can certainly increase, or decrease, the amount you use. But basil is one of those delicious.
Tomato basil pie step by step
- Melt butter. Add a dash of the garlic powder and basil to the melted butter. Brush on frozen pie crust. Bake pie crust according to package or until slightly browned..
- Once pie crust is done, fill with tomato slices. Layer until pie crust is full. You may season each layer with salt and pepper to taste..
- In a bowl combine mayo, cheese, garlic powder, chives and basil. Once thouroughly mixed, spread mixture over the top of the tomatoes covering completely. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top..
- Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes. Let cool and set 10 mins. Enjoy..
Sprinkle them with the shredded basil. Dollop spoonfuls of the batter over the basil and tomatoes, then, with lightly floured hands, pat it out with your fingers to spread it evenly. Don't worry if there are a few little gaps – they fill out as the pie cooks. Squeeze as much moisture as you can out of the chopped tomatoes, using either paper towels, a clean dish towel, or a potato ricer. Layer pre-baked pie shell with onions, tomatoes, basil: Sprinkle a layer of chopped onion over the bottom of your pre-baked pie crust shell.