Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders New To QVC? In a large slow cooker, place roast beef. Surround your roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and herbs.
Place the roast on top, fat side up. Pour in water or beef broth. I want to Parmesan Sundried Tomato crusted Roast Beef in the crock pot and want to layer the vegetables on top with out using any other liquids. You can have Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast
- You need 2-3 lbs of Boneless Blade Roast or Chuck Roast (Trimmed).
- It’s 2 of Medium Onions Quartered or Coarsely Chopped.
- Prepare 6 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- It’s 5 Sprigs of Thyme.
- You need 2 lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled & Diced 1-2" Cubes @6-8 Potatoes.
- It’s 4 of Large Carrots or One Bag Baby Carrots Cut into 1" Pieces.
- You need 32 oz of Carton Beef Broth (use less if you like less gravy).
- You need 2 Tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar.
- You need 2 Tbs of Organic All Purpose Flour.
- You need 4-6 of Beef Bouillon Cubes or 4-6 tsp Bouillon Powder.
- You need 1 Cup of Red Wine.
- It’s 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 2 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
Will the meat crust properly and will the veggies cook? Meat won't crust in a crockpot, even if you don't add liquid. The crockpot will create steam and create its own liquid. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and sprinkle it with the steak seasoning.
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast instructions
- Season all sides of Beef Roast with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Season to your taste..
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over Medium to Medium High heat. Brown all sides of roast. Place Roast in a large Crock-Pot..
- On top of Roast, layer in Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Thyme, Carrots, Bouillon Cubes, and Bay Leaf. Pour in Red Wine. Add some Salt and Pepper. Remember, the Bouillon adds a lot of Sodium, so you won't need as much Salt..
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour in around a cup of the Beef Broth. Add in Flour, Dijon, and Brown Sugar. Whisk until mixed. Pour into Crock-Pot along with the rest of the Broth..
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are soft and the gravy has thickened. The longer it cooks, the better. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed. Remove Bay Leaf and Thyme Stems, before serving..
Remove roast to a serving platter or cutting board and cover to keep warm. In a sauce pan combine cornstarch and cold water and stir till smooth. Pot-roasting is an easy all-in-one method of cooking meat and vegetables, which will result in a tender, flavoursome dish. Try recipes such as pot-roast beef, chicken and guinea fowl. Once the pot is heated completely, add the oil and make sure it's spread around the bottom of the pot.