Keema Mattar. High Quality Mattresses, Bed Frames & Pillows at the Best Prices. Save on Your Order When You Purchase Directly from Keetsa. Ingredients of Keema Matar Recipe: A delicious blend of minced meat and peas sauteed in a thick mixture of stimulating flavors like cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorn, cardamom and bay.
Keema/Kima, as we call it in Bengali, is a staple curry in many Bangladeshi and Pakistani households. This particular version, Classic Keema Matar (mince with peas) is one of two favourites in my own house, the other being Aloo Keema (mince with potatoes). Both curries can be made following this recipe, simply replace the peas with potatoes. You can cook Keema Mattar using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keema Mattar
- You need 2 pounds of Ground Beef (Keema).
- It’s 3 of medium Onions (finely chopped).
- It’s 5 cloves of Garlic (Lehsan) (peeled & minced).
- You need 1 of " piece of Ginger (Adrak) (peeled & minced).
- It’s 2 of " piece of Cinnamon Stick (Dal Cheeni.
- You need 6 Cloves of (Loung).
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch) (or to taste.
- It’s of Salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp. of Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Cumin Powder (Pisa Zeera).
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Coriander Powder (Pisa Dhania).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Plain Yogurt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Clarified Butter (Ghee) or Cooking Oil.
Keema Matar — Ethan The Indian ground meat dish everyone should know how to make. Keema matar (English: "pea and minced meat") is a dish from the Indian subcontinent associated with the Mughals. Keema matar or matar keema (or matar qeema) is a traditional Pakistani curry made with ground mince and peas in a dry style gravy. Where does keema matar come from?
Keema Mattar step by step
- In a pot heat the clarified butter or oil..
- When it gets hot add in the onions and saute well to golden brown..
- Add in all spices and stir well.
- Add tomato paste and yogurt, stir and saute on medium heat for about 10 minutes (you may add a little water in between to prevent spices from burning.).
- Add in the ground beef; mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix and bring to a boil..
- One it boils lower the heat and simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes or until beef is cooked..
- When ground beef is well done add in the peas; mix and simmer to heat throughly..
This Pakistani and Indian-style Keema Matar (Ground Beef and Peas Curry) is an easy, one-pot keema recipe that's deeply flavorful with no whole spices used. This recipe also includes tips on how to make Keema curry with ground chicken. Keema curry (keema matar) is a delicious Indian/Pakistani ground meat and pea curry. Easy to make, and with plenty of flavor, it's a great meal for any night of the week. It's also perfect for meal prep.