Easy Sugar Cookies. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Once combined, slowly blend in the dry ingredients until evenly mixed. Butter, sugar and Gold Medal™ flour are all you need for this quick and easy sugar cookie recipe. It's a make-ahead and make-it-your-own recipe. You can cook Easy Sugar Cookies using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Sugar Cookies
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening, I use crisco sticks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cream, milk or half and half.
- Prepare of Good splash of vanilla.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of SELF RISING flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
After you mix up the dough, shape it into a log and chill before cutting the cookie dough into slices for baking. Decorate the cookies by rolling them in holiday sprinkles before chilling, or drizzle an easy powdered sugar icing over. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside.
Easy Sugar Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Cream sugar and shortening til fluffy. Add cream and vanilla then crack in the egg. Mix to combine. Add baking soda to flour and add I cup at a time until mixed well..
- On parchment lined pan drop cookies and bake about 8 minutes. I added colored sugar sprinkles before I baked them. I use a cookie scoop. Bake only until the bottoms turn slightly brown. Transfer to a cooling rack..
Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture. This is an easy sugar cookie recipe, you don't have to roll it out, and the cookies are soft and chewy, unlike other sugar cookies. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.