Beef Pot Pie with Drop Biscuits. Whatever The Need, We Have The Best Food For Your Dog. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Beef Pot Pie with Drop Biscuits Stephanie Goldman Burns Flat, Oklahoma.
Beef Pot Pie with Cheddar Onion Biscuits is a hearty and filling one dish meal. The sauce can be varied according to your taste and the drop biscuits on top are cinch to make. Serve it alone, or with a salad to round out the meal, and watch it disappear. You can cook Beef Pot Pie with Drop Biscuits using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Pot Pie with Drop Biscuits
- It’s 1 lb of beef boneless chuck cut into 1/2" pieces.
- It’s 1 tbsp of shortening.
- It’s 3 tbsp of margarine.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of hot water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of instant beef bouillon.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried thyme leaves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of each salt & pepper.
- Prepare 12 oz of mixed vegetables of your choosing..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of gluten-free biscuit mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of non-dairy sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of gluten-free biscuit mix.
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and diced meat. In a large skillet or soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots and stir.
Beef Pot Pie with Drop Biscuits step by step
- Brown beef in shortening in skillet; remove beef..
- Add margarine, hot water, beef bouillon, worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, mixed vegetables, & beef to skillet..
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover & simmer 30 minutes..
- Heat oven to 450°F..
- Prepare biscuits by mixing sour cream & 1 cup biscuit mix; adding baking mix slowly until reach drop biscuit consistency. Then set aside..
- Mix cold water & 3 tbsp baking mix until smooth. Gradually stir into beef mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil & stir 1 minute..
- Pour into 1 1/2 qt casserole dish. Drop biscuit dough over top by spoonful..
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown..
To make the biscuits, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and fresh herbs. Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender. Add the buttermilk and mix with a rubber spatula until mixture comes together into a ball. Beef Pot Pie with Drop Biscuits step by step. Brown beef in shortening in skillet; remove beef.