Sig's Crispy and Moist Aubergine (eggplant) Treats. Cook the aubergine slices until crispy and golden brown. The trick is to keep the temperature of the oil an even temperature. Add salt to egg and beat.
After this mix it in the dry flour. Simply whisk all the ingredients for the marinade together, put into a large bowl with the aubergine slices and gently toss together so the slices are coated. Arrange the slices on your dehydrator racks and dehydrate until done, turning once. You can cook Sig's Crispy and Moist Aubergine (eggplant) Treats using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Crispy and Moist Aubergine (eggplant) Treats
- It’s 1 large of aubergine, peeled.
- Prepare 350 ml of milk / any kind as this will be discarded.
- You need 2 medium of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of All-purpose flour ( plain flour ).
- Prepare 1 large of cup panko (rough breadcrumbs ) or finer breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of good pinch of salt.
- You need 1 of good pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of sunflower oil for frying.
- It’s 3 of to 4 tablespoons of honey.
- It’s 1 of teaspoon of my very boozy cranberry sauce ( or one of choice ).
- It’s of batter recipe if you want to use it instead of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of quantity of my attached batter recipy . You do not need to attach to a string, but can if you want too , just dip in batter and proceed as for prepared beans. Enjoy ..
- You need of panko ( Japanese style breadcrumbs).
- You need 4 slice of soft white bread . Cut slices of bread into cubes , add to blender and work until the bread resembles rough breadcrumbs ).
This took a few hours but will depend on your machine and the thickness of the slices. Line a tray with parchment/baking paper (optional – recommended for first timers so you don't lose the caramelised surface). Place in large bowl, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper. Making Fried Eggplant Crispy When you put the parmesan in your almond flour it helps to make your Keto Fried Eggplant crispier.
Sig's Crispy and Moist Aubergine (eggplant) Treats step by step
- First prepare the aubergine, thinly peel it. I use my potatoe peeler for this.
- Slice the aubergine about 1/2 an inch or slightly thinner slices.
- Put all the slices into the milk in a bowl, make sure that they are all covered . I place a plate on top to push them all down into the milk leave ti stand for about 3 hours in fridge..
- Drain the milk of the aubergines and pat the aubergines dry. Discard the milk..
- Whisk the eggs . Season the panko or breadcrumbs with cayenne pepper and salt or salt substitute. Add the flour into a deep plate . Have the three dishes side by side . Flour, egg and panko . First add a slice into the flour from both sides , tap off the excess flour then add the slice into the egg , ensure that it is covered from both sides , hold between your fingers and let the excess egg drip back into plate with egg. Then roll the slice into the panko or finer breadcrumbs ..
- Finish off until all slices are done ..
- In the meantime heat the oil add about 3-5 slices depending on size into pan . Cook the aubergine slices until crispy and golden brown . The trick is to keep the temperature of the oil an even temperature. They cook very fast ..
- Serve hot drizzled with honey and a teaspoon of my boozy cranberry sauce or fruit sauce of choice.
- Follow the instruction for my the batter recipe with the attached recipe here for batter recipe..
- The outside on both breadcrumb or batter should be crisp and golden , the inside a soft moist Aubergine treat. Accompany both with honey and sauce ..
- Https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/336539-sigs-german-beans-and-asparagus-in-jackets https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355021-sigs-rich-boozy-cranberry-sauce.
If you have a nut allergy then omit the almond flour and use just parmesan with the pork rinds. Feel free to add some coconut flour if you would like to. Crispy Baked Eggplant is a yummy snack or appetizer (and it's great baked into our favorite Eggplant Parmesan). Tender slices of eggplant are coated in an easy seasoned breadcrumb/parmesan mixture and baked to crispy perfection! Serve these as a side dish next to Oven Baked Chicken Breasts or alongside your favorite appetizer recipes!.