Lemon Sugar Cookies. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars and oil until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; stir into butter mixture (dough will be stiff). Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of lemon sugar and roll to coat well.
Beat in lemon zest and extract. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest and stir to combine. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined. You can cook Lemon Sugar Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Sugar Cookies
- It’s 1 stick of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar, separated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s of Zest of 2 small/medium lemons.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
Lemon sugar cookies are what most consider to be "old fashioned". They are made with butter and create a fluffy mound of soft cookie instead with a crunchy sugar outside. I made these with lemon flavor instead of vanilla. It is a fun way to mix up the usual.
Lemon Sugar Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine..
- In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and 3/4c sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3-4 minutes or so). Add egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined..
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat just until combined–do not over mix. Roll cookie dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and roll into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (add sugar into a small bowl first.) and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking pan..
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool before eating..
- Store in an air tight container or freeze. (They never last long in my glass cookie jar lol!).
In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, and granulated sugar until combined. Add egg yolks, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat in egg, corn syrup, and lemon extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Sprinkle with plain or lemon sugar.