Easy Corn Chowder. I like evaporated milk anyway but have never had it in anything savoury, I thought it was surprisingly good. Husband said he didn't think he was going to like it but he did too! This creamy chowder is a simple soup with simple ingredients that will win you over.
In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Homemade Corn Chowder is easy to make yet tastes like you've been cooking all day. Smoky bacon, sweet fresh corn, cream, and chicken broth, this delicious combination is savory and sweet all in one. You can have Easy Corn Chowder using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Corn Chowder
- Prepare 3 quart of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Salted butter.
- You need 4 tbsp of AP flour.
- Prepare 8 oz of Celery.
- You need 8 oz of Onions.
- Prepare 12 oz of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 10 oz of Corn.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of White/ or black pepper.
A chowder (like seafood chowder) is a rich soup that has been thickened with a roux, some cream or even crackers! This corn chowder is thick and chunky with a creamy. This corn chowder consists of onion, potatoes, water, milk, cream style corn, sweetcorn and bacon. Serve as a starter for lunch or dinner..
Easy Corn Chowder instructions
- Mince onions, dicing potatoes and celery into bite size pieces..
- Sauté onions, celery, and potatoes for five minutes in the butter..
- Add in flour making sure to brown and not burn, stir another three minutes..
- Add chicken stock, make sure to get all the flour from the sides and bottom of the pot..
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes..
- Whisk in milk, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes..
- Add corn, and seasonings to taste..
- Finally, let simmer for ten minutes and serve hot..
This recipe was definetly easy and it wasn't bad. This is a good soup recipe. If you want it chunkier, then don't process it so much. I love it because it is a healthier version of corn chowder, without all the potatoes & dairy. The rich broth pairs perfectly with the sweet corn.