Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies. In large bowl, crumble cookie dough. Add lemon peel and poppy seed; mix well. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and poppy seeds.
While developing a sugar cookie recipe for chewy cookies with big vanilla flavor, we determined a few things: Using just one whole egg gave us the chew we wanted, a healthy dose of vanilla delivered good flavor, and light. Lemon-Poppyseed Sugar Cookies(Cook's Illustrated) Be the first to review this recipe. Stir in your poppyseeds with a spatula or wooden spoon. You can have Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies
- You need 1 cup of butter (softened).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of + 1 tbs sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cream (or milk).
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lemon.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 2 tbs of poppyseed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
Whisk the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. You will love the addition of poppy seeds and the sweet lemon glaze takes the cookies over the top! The cookies are perfect for parties, showers, or every day dessert.
Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies instructions
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. About 2-3 min.
- In a separate bowl, add your dry ingredients.
- Add in your egg, lemon juice, zest and cream to your butter mixture.
- Add in your dry ingredients gradually until everything well combined..
- Stir in your poppyseeds with a spatula or wooden spoon..
- Form the dough into 2 logs. Place in freezer to harden..
- Slice cookies about 1/4 inch thick, place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10-12 min or until lightly golden around edges..
They were the perfect treat for Josh's birthday! Sharing another flavorful twist on my cut sugar cookie – lemon poppy seed! They're definitely my new favorite cookie to snack on. Loving the lemony flavor and the textured crunch of the poppy seeds. They hold their shape well and the added poppy seed visual was nice I thought, especially for these cactus cookies.