Banana bread. Search & Share Delicious Bread Recipes Using Almond Breeze Almondmilk Now! Make Delicious Bread Recipes with Almond Breeze! Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. You can have Banana bread using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana bread
- It’s Half of cup or 70 grams of walnuts or almonds;chopped and roasted.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of or 230 grams of white flour.
- You need 150 g of or 3/4 cup white sugar or (100g white and 50g brown sugar).
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of or 113g melted cooled butter.
- Prepare 300-454 g of ripe banana (7 to 8 bananas).
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon (about a medium sized lemon).
In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. This classic Banana Bread recipe has appeared in almost every edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook that's ever been printed, and it's no surprise! This Banana Bread is sure to become a staple in your home if it's not already. Enjoy slices of moist Banana Bread and add chopped walnuts, chocolate chips or berries to customize it to your family's favorite flavors.
Banana bread instructions
- Preheat the oven @ 180 degrees Celsius. (15 mins before you intend to put the bread in the oven)..
- Line the loaf tins ahead of time too with some butter paper after putting oil on them. This recipe fills about two medium loaf tins..
- Roast the nuts. You can put them on a baking sheet and roast them for 8 to 10 minutes or you could do the same in a non stick pan without any oil. Then chop them with a knife or put them in the blender and grind untill they turn into flakes..
- Take the bananas and mash them with a fork. Add the lemon..
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon..
- Sift these. Then add the nuts. (be sure to add the nuts in the dry ingredients).
- Beat the melted butter and sugar well. (You can melt the butter in a double boiler). The sugar used is the normal sugar, not the powdered one..
- Beat the eggs and salt in a separate bowl untill fluffy. ((If you dont wanna include the cinnamon in the recipe, add a dash of vanilla essence but cinnamon is MUCH preferred)).
- Add the butter sugar mixture to the eggs in a big bowl. Add the bananas and lemon and beat very lightly..
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold with a spatula. (Dont over mix and dont keep the mixture for too long either as you've added the baking soda)..
- Scoop the mixture about halfway in the loaf tins. You can add some banana slices or nuts on the top for decoration..
- Bake @ 180 degrees Celsius or 350 F for about 30 minutes in the second rack of the oven and then check with a toothpick. For the bread to be completely done, the toothpick should come out clean..
- In the end, once it's almost baked, after sort of about 30 mins, shift it to the middle or the fourth rack and turn on the upper grill and give it like 5 mins for some colour to appear on it. When the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- (This recipe could potentially take you longer than 30 minutes depending on the size of the loaf so checking with a toothpick is crucial)..
- Glaze the top of the bread with butter or butter plus jam as soon as it's done for added softness..
It's always a delicious idea to have a loaf of simple Banana Bread around the kitchen for a wholesome way to satisfy snack-time cravings. The batter for this easy-to-make banana bread is enriched with sour cream, which gives it a subtle tang and super moist texture. In order to avoid this quick bread becoming tough and chewy, don't overmix the batter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.