Simple Sugar Cookies. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Beat in the egg, then the vanilla and salt. Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. You can have Simple Sugar Cookies using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of almond extract.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- Prepare of Frosting-.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of butter, softened.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of milk.
Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture. Butter, sugar and Gold Medal™ flour are all you need for this quick and easy sugar cookie recipe. It's a make-ahead and make-it-your-own recipe. After you mix up the dough, shape it into a log and chill before cutting the cookie dough into slices for baking.
Simple Sugar Cookies instructions
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar..
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined..
- Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well incorporated..
- Cover dough bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat..
- Roll cookies into 1-inch balls and flatten with the bottom of a glass until 1/4 inch thick..
- Bake for 8-10 minutes..
- Let cool completely..
- In stand mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together powdered sugar and butter until creamy. Mix in vanilla and milk until smooth..
- Frost cooled cookies with frosting..
- You can also roll out this recipe and cut with cookie cutters for fun shapes..
Decorate the cookies by rolling them in holiday sprinkles before chilling, or drizzle an easy powdered sugar icing over. This Recipe is a State Fair Blue Ribbon winner. This is an easy sugar cookie recipe, you don't have to roll it out, and the cookies are soft and chewy, unlike other sugar cookies. Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.