Cauliflower Cheese "Steaks". Serve the cauliflower cheese steaks sprinkled with some finely snipped spring onions or chives to add a bit of greenery and freshness. How to serve cauliflower cheese steaks. You can serve these vegetarian steaks as a main course just as they are with their creamy cheese sauce.
Fluffy Chix Cook brings you their take on a meaty vegetarian classic, Roasted Cauliflower Steak. This fantastic main course or side dish is tarted up with a super simple low carb cheese sauce and the results are pretty spectacular. Think Low Carb Welsh Rarebit, or something posh and English/Irish pubby. You can cook Cauliflower Cheese "Steaks" using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Cheese "Steaks"
- It’s 1 large of head cauliflower, trimmed of all green parts and cut through stem into 1/2 inche slices. This is your cauliflower steaks some parts will probably break off into flowers either use for another day or roast along with the cauliflower steaks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil seasoned with 1tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon garlic salt,1/2 teaspoon black pepper and1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded pepper jack chees or your favorite cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of sliced fresh chives.
Line a baking tray with foil. Arrange 'steaks' onto the prepared tray. Roasted cauliflower steaks with romesco and fried eggs Put cauliflower at the centre in this vitamin-rich vegetarian meal, accompanied by a vibrant pepper sauce and a fried egg for extra protein. Discover our best cauliflower recipes here.
Cauliflower Cheese "Steaks" step by step
- Preheat oven to 450. line a baking sheet with foil.
- Brush cauliflower steaks all over with olive oil mixture.roast in oven 25 to 35 minutes just until tender.
- remove from oven sprinkle with parmesan cheese then the pepper jack cheese and finally the chives, return to oven to melt cheese about 5 minutes, carefully remove cheese steaks to plates or platter to serve.
Add the lemon zest and juice, then season. Gently turn over each steak and brush with remaining olive oil mixture. Use the remaining cauliflower in another recipe. Season each steak with salt and pepper. You will get about four whole slices from the middle of the cauliflower and some smaller florets from the edges.