Whole Wheat Banana Bread. This moist, tender, richly flavored loaf features whole wheat flour, making this a super (and tasty!) way to increase your family's intake of healthy fiber. Using honey as some of the sweetener adds both moistness, and the merest hint of honey flavor. In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together.
In a separate bowl, stir together flours, salt, and baking soda. In this healthier banana bread recipe, swap butter with unsweetened applesauce, all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, and replace some of the refined sugar with honey. Place mashed bananas, melted butter, and applesauce in a large bowl. You can have Whole Wheat Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of honey/maple syrup/white sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas (approx. 3 medium sized bananas).
- It’s 13/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of nuts or chocolate chips or mix seeds.
Use a wooden spoon to mix together. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla to banana mixture. Beat together the butter, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the banana, honey and eggs, beating until smooth.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease and dust a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, add your eggs, oil, sugar/honey, milk and vanilla and beat it for 2 minutes OR if you're lazy, you can dump all the above ingredients in a blender and give it a churn..
- Stir in the mashed bananas, sieved flour mixture and chocolate chips or seeds (or any other add ins of choice). I usually add mixed nuts and/or roasted flax seeds..
- Pour batter into greased pan, sprinkle with some more cinnamon, raw sugar, or banana slices (optional) Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!!.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread is a lightened-up version of classic banana bread that is just as moist, soft, and flavorful! Made with mashed bananas, cinnamon, vanilla, and whole wheat flour. Just like Healthy Banana Cake, this sweet and good-for-you Banana Bread recipe is the perfect Baked Good to use up over-ripe bananas. The Ultimate Moist Banana Bread- Super easy, whole wheat banana bread recipe using oil. You can never have enough Banana Bread recipes.