Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate. Browse The Fine Wine Showcase From Perfectly Mature Bordeaux To New Zealand's Sauvignons. Discover The Extensive Range Of Fine Wines Available Online At Laithwaite's Wine Now! Check Out our Selection & Order Now.
Great for when you have a lot of time but are feeling lazy. A slow, red-wine braised brisket is the perfect dinner for an indulgent night with minimal effort. A prime cut of beef gets slowly roasted in a flavorful braising liquid until it's fall apart tender and served with silky sauce made from the same pot. You can cook Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate
- You need 3 slices of bacon.
- It’s 600 g of beef brisket.
- Prepare 1 of large white onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 cm slices.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, chopped.
- It’s 1 bottle (750 ml) of dry red wine.
- You need 3 cups of beef stock.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary, finely chopped.
- You need 50 g of 70% dark chocolate.
This brisket recipe uses red wine to create a saucy gravy and infuse the tender meat with bold flavor, plus a squirt of sweet honey (traditional for celebrating the Jewish New Year). Transfer brisket to a plate and discard fat from pot. Uncover the pot, remove bouquet garni and discard. Add carrots, covering them with the cooking liquid.
Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate instructions
- Put a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove the bacon, but leave the bacon fat..
- Season the brisket well with salt and pepper, then brown it in the bacon fat for a few minutes on every side, until it's evenly browned..
- Sprinkle the onion, garlic, carrot and celery around the brisket and let cook a few minutes. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot, including beneath the beef and veg..
- Pour in the wine and beef stock. Add the bay leaf, star anise, a pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Bring to a simmer, then cover and turn the heat down to low. Let simmer 3 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender..
- Remove the meat from the pot. Fish out the bay leaf and star anise and turn the heat up to medium-high. Add the rosemary and chocolate. Let the sauce simmer until reduced by about half. Using two forks, pull the brisket apart into chunks, then add it back to the sauce. Add additional salt and pepper as needed. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it into the stew when serving..
Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut. Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. Brownie muffin pastry cupcake cake dessert chocolate cake. Chupa chups sesame snaps chocolate cake tart icing chupa chups sesame snaps. Red Wine- Use any dry red wine that you enjoy drinking.