Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Slice steaks against the grain as thinly as possible. Sprinkle tops evenly with breadcrumb mixture. You can cook Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers
- You need of Thinly Sliced Sirloin Steak (or you can use deli roast beef).
- Prepare of Provolone Cheese.
- Prepare of Green Bell Peppers.
- You need of Sweet Onion.
- You need of White Mushrooms.
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Tbs. Olive Oil.
- You need of Salt and Pepper to taste.
Get the satisfaction of a Philly cheesesteak without all that bread in this hearty dinner. Bell peppers are filled with provolone cheese, steak, and caramelized onions and mushrooms, then cooked until the peppers are soft and cheese bubbly and a bit browned. The result is high in protein and comfort, low in leftovers. Place bell peppers cut-side up on a baking sheet.
Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers Slice a thin piece off each pepper lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds. Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes. Salt and pepper the steak and saute in a little olive oil until just not pink. About 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 400* Add steak to the onion/mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are overflowing. Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown..
- **I did not put the mushrooms in mine do to the fact my husband is allergic to them. I also added the thin pieces of the green pepper to the sliced onions.*.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Add provolone to bottom of baked peppers and top with steak mixture. Place the peppers cut side up in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. While the peppers are baking, prepare the cheesesteak filling.