Brisket Pastrami. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Homemade Pastrami from Brisket – The Cure. If you've ever wanted to make your own pastrami at home for St. Patrick's day or just because you like the stuff, then the time is now.
This post is sponsored by Lone Mountain Wagyu. It's the main ingredient in Reuben sandwiches, but delicious on it's own or sandwiched between rye bread. Pastrami is what happens when you take corned beef to the next level – by smoking it! You can have Brisket Pastrami using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brisket Pastrami
- Prepare 10 lb of corned beef brisket.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Hey Grill Hey beef rub.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coleman's mustard powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground coriander.
- You need 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s of Fresh cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of Water.
For the pastrami: First, clean all the fat off the brisket including the "V" between the two muscles, then follow the fat between the two muscles and separate them making a flat and a cap. Slice thinly against the grain to serve. Smoked Brisket Pastrami Recipe Pastrami was first made as a way to preserve meat. Each slice of Boar s Head Pastrami Brisket is packed with authentic New York deli flavor The basic method for making pastrami from scratch is to start with a mostly trimmed beef brisket.
Brisket Pastrami step by step
- Submerge the corned beef brisket in water to reduce the salt level from the corn beef process. I used a 5 gallon food safe bucket with 4 gallons of water..
- Change the water every 4-6 hours and do that a minimum of 3 times..
- Mix all spices together except the black pepper in a jar with a lid that you can control the pour easily. A parmesan cheese lid screws onto a canning jar and works great for this!.
- Drain the brisket and pat dry..
- Get the smoker heating you to 275° I used natural lump charcoal and post oak..
- Coat all sides of the corned beef with the mixed spices. Use a pepper mill and completely coat with a layer of cracked black pepper..
- Once the smoker is to temp put the brisket on..
- Smoke for 5-6 hours until the internal temp is 165° then pull to wrap in butcher's paper..
- Once internal temp hits 200° to 204° ~it depends on where it finishes and pull it to rest. Mine stalled out at 203° so I pulled it then. It took me a total of 12.5 hours to heat that temp..
- Let rest about 2 hours in a cooler. Then it's ready to slice and make into a really awesome sandwich! Bake some bread or buy a nice loaf, whip up a thousand island sauce, melt some white cheddar on the meat then top with a quality kraut..
If you buy a trimmed brisket at the store or from your local butcher, it will have no layer of fat on it. Pastrami is a deli meat or cold cut made of beef. It can be from different cuts of beef: the navel end of the beef brisket, known as the plate cut, is the most common, but pastrami can also be made from the round and short rib of a cow. Cooking – Sous Vide Method (For Lean Pieces): Place the lean meat into a vacuum-sealed bag and then place it into a well-cleaned brining container and fill halfway with water. There's nothing better than a juicy piece of brisket.