Pumpkin Bread (Boule). When pumpkin puree is cool, add to flour mixture. Place in fridge and proof overnight. Add the eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar and beat together.
This Pumpkin No Knead Bread is the perfect side for all your favorite fall comfort food dishes. Dutch Oven Pumpkin Bread This no-knead bread is the perfect introduction to bread-making, but it yields a gorgeous, rustic loaf even the most experienced home baker will be proud to share. To keep pumpkin bread moist, wrap it in foil or plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container. You can have Pumpkin Bread (Boule) using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bread (Boule)
- Prepare 2 cups of (about 250g) bread flour.
- Prepare 80 g of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 1 tsp of instant yeast.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt (less if using table salt).
- It’s of nut, seeds, granola, or whatever you want to add!.
Pumpkin bread will keep at room temperature for two days. To preserve the loaf for longer, place in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze pumpkin bread for two to three months. This pumpkin bread is perfectly moist, not-too-sweet and couldn't be easier. It's perfect for toasting and slathering with butter or cream cheese, and maybe a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Pumpkin Bread (Boule) step by step
- If you don't have it ready made, roast pumpkin and make pumpkin puree. You'll need 80g for the bread. Let cool before using puree for bread dough..
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups bread flour, 1 tsp yeast, and 1/2 tsp sea salt..
- When pumpkin puree is cool, add to flour mixture..
- Cover bowl and proof the dough at room temperature for 2-3 hours..
- Place in fridge and proof overnight..
- The next morning, take dough out from fridge. Wait 1 hour at room temperature..
- Add seeds, nuts, granola, etc. into dough..
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Place an oven-safe tray underneath for water. The water will create steam to make the crust of the bread crisp..
- Cut 4 pieces of cooking twine and place them across the top of bowl diagonally. Flip the dough/bowl over onto baking sheet. You can score the bread if you'd like..
- Once oven is done pre-heating, place the bread inside. BE VERY CAREFUL (WEAR GLOVES) and pour some water into the tray at the bottom..
- Bake at 475°F for 20-25 minutes or until light golden..
- Enjoy the lovely bread!.
You may choose to substitute dried cranberries or blueberries for the raisins and walnuts or other nuts for the pecans to add variety. Store savory pumpkin bread at room temperature for up to two days. For longer storage, this bread (like most bread) freezes really well. You can wrap and freeze entire loaves (or rolls if you make them into rolls), or you can slice the loaves and then freeze them. Either way, make sure the bread is completely cool.