BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Add the beef, beef broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer. Skim off fat any fat from the stock pot and return cooked beef to pot; stir in tomato paste and broth.
Remove bay leaves and garlic clove. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown meat in oil. Add the onion, water, seasoned salt, pepper and salt if desired; bring to a boil. You can have BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE
- You need 2 lb of Beef.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Flour.
- You need 3 cup of Water.
- You need 2 can of Stewed Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of Cut Green Beans.
- Prepare 2 of Stalks of Celery.
- You need 2 cup of Baby Carrots.
- Prepare 3 large of Potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 of Bay Leaves – Optional.
In an oven-safe Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in oil; drain. Return all meat to the pan. Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. My family loves to enjoy this thick and hearty bowl of tummy warmin' love.
BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE step by step
- Cut the beef length wise with a knife, then slice each piece into bite sized pieces with the scissors. (I use steak or roast).
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and flour before browning it in cooking oil in a medium high skillet..
- After browning beef, sprinkle lightly with flour again and continue to stir and brown..
- Add one cup water to browned meat and stir. This will make a nice brown gravy base for your stew..
- Chop onion and add to gravy base in skillet. Simmer a minute or two. No need to fully cook onion at this point. Then pour into large crockpot..
- Add the undrained tomatoes and undrained green beans to the crockpot..
- Cut baby carrots lengthwise in half. The bigger ones can be quartered lengthwise..
- Slice celery into small bite sized pieces and add to crockpot..
- Choose 3 large potatoes for the stew. (Baker Size) Quarter potatoes lengthwise, save two quarters back, and then slice the rest into normal bite sized pieces. Add to crockpot..
- Cut saved quarters of potatoes into tiny pieces..
- Add last bit of potatoes to crockpot. Then season stew with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce and stir well..
- Add 2 Cups of Water to crockpot and stir stew again. Let cook on high crockpot setting for 4 1/2 hours to 5 hours. Cooking time really depends on how you like your vegetables cooked..
I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does. It is wonderful served with some warm and crusty bread or biscuits or even a pan of warm. Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and allspice. Thick, hearty, classic beef stew recipes. Get ideas for the slow cooker or stovetop, with tips and videos on making the perfect stew.