Blueberry Muffin Bake. Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and bicarb in a bowl with ¼ tsp fine salt, then tip this into the wet ingredients and stir in. Finally, fold in the blueberries and divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. While the cake is baking, make the topping by mixing the chopped nuts, cinnamon, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. You can have Blueberry Muffin Bake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Muffin Bake
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter – melted.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs – beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen blueberries – thawed with all juices.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
Sprinkle the topping over the cake, place the pieces of butter in various places over the top of the cake, and bake until the cake feels just set in the center. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean, about. Also, keep in mind that if you use frozen blueberries you may need to bake the muffins for a couple of minutes longer because of the extra water content. Reminder: gently fold them into the batter!
Blueberry Muffin Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 3 quart casserole dish (mine is about 9.5×7.5"and 3" deep)..
- In a large bowl stir together butter, milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Gently stir in blueberries with juices..
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold gently until just incorporated with no dry clumps remaining, but do not over mix..
- Pour into prepared dish. Bake uncovered 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (mine took a full hour)..
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before cutting. Goes great with coffee, hot tea, or a nice cold glass of milk!.
Line an airtight container (or multiple containers depending on the size) with enough paper towels to fully cover the bottom, place the muffins on top in a single. Very gently fold through the blueberries (do not over-mix). Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases (fill ⅔ to the top). Sprinkle each muffin with raw sugar (optional). Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and a little salt in a large bowl.