Blueberry Muffins. Find Scrumptious Muffin Recipes Explore Our Selection of Recipes Cream the butter and sugar together then slowly add the eggs, mix for three minutes. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, stir to combine, then refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably. Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
Grease and flour a muffin tin or line with paper cases. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. You can cook Blueberry Muffins using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Muffins
- It’s 2 cup of Blueberries.
- You need 2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 3 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 6 tbsp of Butter or Margerine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 7 oz of Milk.
Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Slowly add the beaten eggs, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Sift in the flour and baking powder, mix well, then carefully fold in the blueberries. Measure all the ingredients except the blueberries into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
Blueberry Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare cup cake pan . Spraying cooking spray is my preference or place cups ..
- Measure 2 cups of fresh blueberries or a 12 oz bag of frozen blueberries .Set aside 36 for garnish . If you are using frozen , cover remaining berries with tap water to defrost . Set aside for later ..
- Sift or mix well the Flour and Baking Power , then set aside ..
- Cream together the butter or margarine , brown sugar and white sugar ..
- Add egg and vanilla and cream in the mix ..
- Stir in milk , scraping the sides of the bowl to get well mixed ..
- Mix in dry ingredients , just enough till you don't see any flour ..
- Drain the water from the blueberries and fold them into the batter . Scrape from the bottom carefully lifting up not to smash the berries ..
- Fill the cups with even amounts . Put a spoon of batter in each cup , then go back to each to assure each muffins will have an equal amount of berries ..
- Garnish muffins tops with remaining blueberries and push down even with batter level ..
- Sprinkle tops with sugar , light to heavy depending on your preference . The sugar adds a slight crunch to the tops ..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375°F , till tops are browned . It had enough liquid in it so it can have a crunch on top and moist inside ..
Take care not to overwork the mixture. Blueberry muffins (Mary Berry's) These Mary Berry blueberry muffins are one of our favourite bakes. They are easy to make, light and fluffy and with the addition of blueberries, they're not too sweet. Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat then set aside to cool for a few minutes. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.