Easy crock pot chicken and dumplings. Huge Selection on Second Hand Books. Whisk water, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; add chicken to bowl and turn to coat. Directions Scatter onion in the bottom of a large slow cooker then top with chicken.
Cover and cook on High until the chicken is cooked. Discard thyme and bay leaf, then shred chicken with two. Scatter onion in the bottom of a large slow cooker then top with chicken. You can have Easy crock pot chicken and dumplings using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy crock pot chicken and dumplings
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of celery soup.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots.
- Prepare of Seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1 can of homestyle biscuits.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour over soup and stock then add thyme and bay leaf. Instructions Layer the chopped onion on the bottom of your crockpot. Place the chicken thighs on top of the chopped onion in a single layer.
Easy crock pot chicken and dumplings instructions
- Chop up an onion and place in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut chicken breast in square bite size chunks. Chicken will become tender and fall apart after cooking. (I recommend cutting chicken last to avoid cross contamination while cutting up onion and biscuit.) and put on top of the onion in slow cooker..
- Pour in the chicken broth and spoon out the cream of chicken and cream of celery on top of the chicken chunks..
- Throw in the frozen peas and carrots.
- Open biscuits and smash them flat and cut into strips and layer them across the top of the peas and carrots covering the entire top.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the top of the biscuits to taste. Place on low for 7 hours.
Pour a can of cream of celery soup into the mixing bowl. Pour the cream of chicken soup mixture over the chicken breasts in the Crock Pot. Pour the condensed chicken broth and water into the Crock Pot. Use to forks to shred the chicken breasts. Return the shredded chicken to the Crock Pot and stir.