Misal pav recipe. Drain and then add the sprouts, cubed potatoes, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, salt in a pressure cooker. The water should be covering the matki sprouts about ½ inch above. This misal pav recipe is close to the traditional method.
Misal pav is a popular dish from Maharashtra, made with moth beans / Spouts. The spicy gravy is served with pav. It's my long time wish to try misal at home. You can cook Misal pav recipe using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Misal pav recipe
- You need of Green Grams 250g.
- Prepare of Onion 1 (big)– Chopped.
- You need of 🍅 Tomato 3 – Chopped.
- You need 2 Tsp of Red chilli Powder.
- It’s of Slat as per taste.
- You need Tsp of Misal Masala -5.
- Prepare of Water 💦💧 34FL OZ (1000ml).
- You need of Indian Mixed snacks (which is not crunchy and not sweet).
- It’s of Chopped Onions – one for topping.
- It’s of NOTE: Total is 2 onions one is for frying and 1 more is topping.
- It’s of Bread 🍞.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Oil -.
Every time I keep looking for recipe, the goda masala factor stops me from trying. Misal Pav recipe with step by step photos. Misal is one of the traditional Maharashtrian dish and also a popular Mumbai Street Food! Misal is a spicy curry made with mixed sprouts or moth beans (matki) and pav are buns (laadi pav).
Misal pav recipe instructions
- Take a pan Saute in los flame now add Chopped onions till turn aromatic..
- Now add Chopped tomatoes and mix well. Let it get cooked gently..
- Now add all the spices like Red chilli powder, salt, Misal pav Masala, Turmeric, and add Green Gram sprouts cook till oil is getting released.
- Now add Water 💦 and adjust water consistency Cover it and let it get cooked till oil starts to float indicated misal is ready..
- Add coriander leaves and snacks and serve HOT with bread🍞🔥.
Misal is garnished with mix farsan (mix chiwda) on the top and also some topped with onion and tomatoes. Turn off the gas and kat for misal is already. While serving, in a bowl add one layer of mataki at the base. You can add layers of boiled potato sabzi, pohe. Misal pav is a popular dish from Maharashtra, India.