Easy Cream Corn Stew Made with Canned Corn. Free UK delivery on eligible orders Great recipe for Easy Cream Corn Stew Made with Canned Corn. I thought white sauce and creamed corn would be a good combination, so I made this. Add the mixture into the corn and cook, stirring continually, for another minute until the mixture thickens.
It's perfect for warming you up on a cold rainy evening. Pair it with a piece of two of cornbread, and you're golden! Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. You can cook Easy Cream Corn Stew Made with Canned Corn using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Cream Corn Stew Made with Canned Corn
- You need 1 packages of Chicken (thigh or breast).
- It’s 4 medium of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Onions.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- You need 1 of Corn or mixed vegetables.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 1 can of ★Canned corn (creamed corn).
- It’s 400 ml of ★Milk.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of ★Water.
- You need 3 of cubes ★Soup stock cubes.
Saute the onion and garlic Add the corn, salt and pepper, and half and half. In a saucepan or pot, melt the butter and saute the onion until it's soft and translucent. Add the corn kernels, if they're frozen then cook them for a few minutes until they're warmed through. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, and allow the sauce to thicken.
Easy Cream Corn Stew Made with Canned Corn instructions
- Cut the chicken, potatoes, carrot, and onions into bite sized pieces..
- This recipe uses a can of creamed corn..
- Heat a deep pot and add butter (or vegetable oil). Melt the butter and stir fry the chicken. Lightly season with salt and pepper, add the vegetables and stir fry well..
- Turn off the heat and add flour. Mix well to coat everything with the flour..
- When the flour is completely stirred in, add the ★ ingredients and stir..
- Now turn on the heat. Boil until the meat and vegetables are cooked through and continue cooking until the stew is thickened..
- Keep the heat at low to medium low. Stir once in a while, scraping the bottom of the pot to prevent scorching..
- Taste, and add salt and pepper if the flavor isn't strong enough. If it's too strong, add milk or water to dilute..
- Finally, stir in corn or mixed vegetables..
Peel & Dice Potatoes and Carrots; Boil Potatoes & Carrots together with the stock cubes until almost cooked. While waiting for those start to prepare thickening by mixing Flour & baking powder with a small amount of water until you get doughy chunks. There are a few essential ingredients for delicious creamed corn: the freshest cobs, a handy corn creamer, and time. Don't worry, this Southern classic is we. Combine cream cheese, butter and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.