Pumpkin Bread. Whisk together the sugar and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk in the eggs and pumpkin until combined. You may choose to substitute dried cranberries or blueberries for the raisins and walnuts or other nuts for the pecans to add variety.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder,. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. You can have Pumpkin Bread using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bread
- You need 3 1/2 cups (420 g) of all purpose flour (I use cake flour).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups (300 g) of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 g) of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of (10g)baking soda.
- Prepare 3 tsp (15 g) of pumpkin pie spice (or 2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp ground ginger)).
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can (424 g) of pure pumpkin puree (about 1 3/4 cup).
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup (240 ml) of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (120 ml) of water (can use Coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk…).
- You need of Optional.
- It’s 1 cup (240 ml) of raisins.
- You need 1 cup (240 ml) of Toasted Pumpkin Seeds.
- You need 1 cup (240 ml) of walnuts.
Melted butter lends richness to the bread and melted coconut oil keeps the interior of the loaf moist and soft. The combination of these two ingredients prevents a slice of the bread from ever feeling dry, and for us, that's an essential element of a good pumpkin bread. Oil, eggs, and water make this pumpkin bread moist. Many quick breads call for neutral flavored oil like canola or vegetable oil to make the bread moist To keep my recipe from becoming too heavy, part of the oil is replaced with good old water plus three eggs to add moisture to this batter.
Pumpkin Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C) degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans (23 cm x 13 cm)..
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spices)..
- Mix wet ingredients (egg, pumpkin puree, oil, water..
- Combine the dry into the wet, 1/3 at a time, being careful not to over mix! (Or you will have tough bread!) Add raisin and mix..
- Pour batter into two loaf pans. Top one with walnuts and top the other with Pumpkin seeds..
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 50- 60mins..
- Cool in rack..
- Make a fantastic hostess gift if you’re traveling to someone’s house for Thanksgiving..
Baking Time for This Quick Bread How to make pumpkin bread Begin by combining the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. I like to add everything in neat little piles in case I lose track of what I've added. Pumpkin bread tastes so quintessentially of the fall, with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and molasses. Use canned or homemade pumpkin purée. Whenever we have a company gathering, this pumpkin bread is one of the first things to disappear.