Potato & Corn Cream Croquettes. Low Prices on Potato Looking For Potato? Fill Your Cart With Color today! The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae.
The British potato season begins in April with waxy Jersey Royals, which continue into June. Other early potatoes, including waxy salad varieties, start to appear in May. Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers. You can have Potato & Corn Cream Croquettes using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato & Corn Cream Croquettes
- It’s 2 of to 3 Potatoes (baking type recommended).
- Prepare 130 grams of Corn kernels (canned or frozen).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 100 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◎ Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of ◎ Soup stock granules.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ◎ Salt.
- You need 1 dash of ◎ White pepper.
- It’s 1 of Flour, eggs, panko.
- You need 1 of Oil for deep frying.
The potato is native to the Peruvian-Bolivian Andes and is one of the world's main food crops. Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. Potatoes can be successfully grown in containers. The humble potato is one of the nation's most-loved ingredients, and it's easy to see why.
Potato & Corn Cream Croquettes instructions
- Put the flour in a heatproof bowl. Add the milk little by little, stirring constantly so no lumps form..
- Microwave without covering it for 90 seconds at 500 W. Add the ◎ ingredients and mix well. The béchamel sauce is done..
- Wash the potatoes and wrap them, unpeeled, with plastic wrap. Microwave for 5 minutes. When a toothpick goes through them easily, they're done. Peel while still hot, and mash up with a fork..
- Mix the potatoes and béchamel sauce with the corn kernels (drain beforehand if using canned)..
- Form into oval patties. If you divide the mixture into 8 portions, I think they'll turn out to be the perfect size, but you can vary this to your liking..
- Coat the patties with flour, beaten egg and panko in that order..
- Deep fry..
- Done! These are flavored very well, so try them out first without added sauce to begin..
These potato cakes are not sweet cakes, they are however an excellent way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! Serve hot with a little butter with fried eggs, baked beans, or even with a nice steak! Chunks of warm potato tossed with cumin, turmeric and curry powder.. Potatoes are one of the most versatile natural foods that can be cooked in so many different ways, so to get great results you need to pick the right type of potato. It's all a matter of taste.