Chicken Thai green curry. Tear the mushrooms into even pieces. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking.
Put a small pan over a medium heat and add the peppercorns, coriander and cumin seeds. Fragrant Thai green curry paste transforms chicken and plump miniature aubergines and courgettes into an exotic meal, with the minimum of preparation. For a real treat, serve the curry with creamy coconut rice. You can have Chicken Thai green curry using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Thai green curry
- Prepare 2 of Chicken breast.
- It’s 200 ml of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 8-10 of Green coriander roots.
- It’s 1 1/2 inch of Galangal or Thai ginger.
- Prepare 6 of Thai green and red chillies.
- Prepare 1/2 of Kafir lime.
- Prepare 2 of Kafir lime leaves.
- You need 3 of Lemon grass sticks.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot diced.
Scatter the curry with the beansprouts, crispy onions, sliced green chilli and Thai basil leaves, if using, then serve with steamed rice and lime wedges. Heat the oil in a large pan on high and brown chicken all over. Add the curry paste, runny honey and lime juice and mix well. Reduce heat to medium and stir in curry paste.
Chicken Thai green curry step by step
- 1 cut chicken breast into small pieces..
- Make a paste of Thai ingredients of green curry. Lemongrass roots. Thai ginger. Chillies kafir lime leaves (2) coriander stems..
- In a pan add oil. Add green curry paste. Fry it for 4 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces. Salt cook for 3 minutes. Add coconut milk and water. Add 2 kafir lime leaves. Let it cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add carrots and juice of half kafir lime. Cook till chicken becomes tender. Serve with jasmine or plain steamed rice..
Return chicken to the skillet, stirring to coat with the curry mixture. For the curry, cut the chicken into finger-thick strips. Warm the oil in a casserole and, when hot and sizzling, add the chicken strips and let them colour slightly on all sides. Try this twist on a traditional Sunday roast chicken with our Thai green curry version, with all the aromatic umami flavours of Asian cuisine. There are also Panang curry, Jungle curry, Massamam curry, etc.