Rueben Burger. In a bowl, blend the beef, corned beef and pork by hand, mixing well until evenly and thoroughly mixed. Directions In a small saucepan, heat sauerkraut and caraway seeds; keep warm. DIRECTIONS Mix the salt, pepper and chili flakes into the hamburger, form two patties.
These open-faced burgers are placed on rye bread, topped with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and onion, and then they are broiled or fried to perfection. Top these burgers off with Thousand Island Dressing and dill pickle slices. Feel free to use white or wheat hamburger buns instead of rye bread, or rye buns if you can find them. You can have Rueben Burger using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rueben Burger
- Prepare 1 each of Fav Hamburger Bun, Kaiser Bun works well.
- Prepare 1 1/3 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Hamburger Seasoning, recipe follows.
- You need 1 pinch of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of leaf lettuce.
- It’s 1 slice of Swiss Cheese.
- You need 2 oz of chopped Corned Beef.
- You need 1 oz of 1000 island.
- Prepare 2 oz of Sauerkraut, cold and drained.
- You need of Hamburger Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Lowerys.
- It’s 1 of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
To assemble burgers, add sliced cheese on bottom side of bun, add relish, burger, fries and top with fry sauce. Mix all the ingredients together except the sauerkraut and cheese. So, when I was contacted by Frank's Kraut to make a Reuben Burger for National Burger Month, I jumped at the chance! If you don't know what a Reuben is, it's a sandwich made of corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island Dressing on grilled rye bread.
Rueben Burger step by step
- Find or repurpose a burr coffee grinder to use for grinding your own black pepper. Purchase whole pepper corns and pulse to a larger than normal size..
- Place burger either in a hot skillet or use an electric griddle, sprinkle burger with Hamburger Seasoning and ground black pepper.
- Cook burger to Desired temperature, once complete, melt swiss on top of burger.
- Chop corned beef or used sliced, heat in a skillet or on an electric griddle.
- Top burger with beef, then 1000 island.
- Take 2 oz of Kraut with yur fingers and squeeze out excess juice, place on top of 1000…..
- If you decide to have your Kraut warm, toss corned beef and Kraut together to save time.
Sure, the Reuben sandwich is a classic that can't be improved. That doesn't mean magic won't happen when it's reimagined as a hamburger. Here, we take a page from the Gospel of Slider and the Gospel of Smashed, to create a gooey, dripping, crusty, delicious Reuben burger. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Corned beef is taken to new heights with this delicious recipe for the Reuben burger.