Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!). Heat Up One Of Our Tasty Hot Pockets® Sandwiches In Just Minutes. We're going where no other leading meal kit company has. Home cook Kimberly Atkinson gave Chef John's DIY fried chicken sandwich this glowing review: "This had a breading that was similar to a cross between a McChicken sandwich and a Chick-fil-A sandwich.
You can be a bit creative with this one if you want, adding a playful spread like horseradish mayo or whole-grain mustard. Or if you're craving one of the originals, stick to pickles and a bit of mayo. Heat oil in a large saucepan until almost boiling. You can have Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!)
- It’s 4 of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of plus 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper.
- You need 2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You need of Canola oil for frying.
- Prepare 4 of brioche burger buns toasted.
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced cabbage.
- Prepare of Bread and butter pickles.
Return chicken to the wire rack. Add the chicken thighs, seal the bag and shake to evenly disperse. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness. Cut each breast in half and place in a bowl.
Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!) instructions
- Add chicken, buttermilk, hot sauce, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt to a large resealable bag and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight..
- Heat 1 ½ inches of canola oil in a dutch oven or large pot to 350 degrees..
- In a wide bowl, combine flour, remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and canola oil. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk marinade and dip each piece in the flour mixture until well coated..
- Fry two piece of chicken at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Rest the cooked chicken on paper towels to cool..
- Make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a small bowl..
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading the open sides of the toasted buns with sauce. Top the bottom bun with fried chicken, pickles, lettuce, and the top bun..
Add lettuce, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread some seasoned mayonnaise over cut sides of buns. Sandwiches from Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken. Photo by Chelsea Kyle Go With a Potato Roll… No need to get all DIY and bake your own bread in order to have the perfect sandwich bun. Right now it feels like the entire fast food industry is in a race to see who can make the best fried chicken sandwich.