Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars. Then cut and top with powdered sugar! These bars combines the velvety richness of cheesecake with fresh tangy rhubarb for a delicious dessert that everyone will love. Beat cream cheese, white sugar, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
Mix together cream cheese and sugar. So here I am today, proposing to you that we indulge our sweet tooth with these Cherry-Rhubarb Pie Bars instead. Kind of like a cross between a fruit pie and a shortbread tart, these Cherry-Rhubarb Pie Bars might just be my new favorite Summer dessert (at least until I find my next favorite dessert). You can cook Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars
- Prepare of For the rhubarb puree.
- You need 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of For the cream cheese shortbread.
- It’s 5 oz of low-fat cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- It’s of For the rhubarb curd.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of rhubarb puree.
- It’s 1/2 can of pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need of red dye.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s of zest of 1 lemon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
Rhubarb custard bars with a shortbread crust and cream cheese topping are the perfect dessert to make with extra rhubarb from your garden. Strawberry Rhubarb Italian Sodas << the only thing better than eating rhubarb is drinking it! Mom's Rhubarb Crisp from The Taylor House. Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from Recipe Rebel.
Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars step by step
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones..
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour..
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb..
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge..
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!.
More shortbread bar recipes you are going to die for! I'm a little obsessed with shortbread bars you guys. A nice rhubarb dessert with a buttery crust, a rhubarb layer, a baked cream cheese layer, and a sour cream layer. These cherry-rhubarb bars are a cross between coffee cake and dessert bar and are a delightful treat with a hot cup of tea or coffee. These cherry-rhubarb bars are a cross between coffee cake and dessert bar and are a delightful treat with a hot cup of tea or coffee..