Pumpkin Bread. Whisk together the sugar and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk in the eggs and pumpkin until combined. You may choose to substitute dried cranberries or blueberries for the raisins and walnuts or other nuts for the pecans to add variety.
To preserve the loaf for longer, place in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze pumpkin bread for two to three months. Pumpkin Bread Recipes You can frost it, fill it with chocolate chips, or top it with streusel, but no matter which way you make it, pumpkin bread is one of our favorite fall treats. A loaf fresh from the oven is sure to fill your home with the comforting smell of autumn spice. You can cook Pumpkin Bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bread
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 10 oz. of canned pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chopped toasted pecans or walnuts, optional.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/3 cup of canola oil.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder,. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Melted butter lends richness to the bread and melted coconut oil keeps the interior of the loaf moist and soft.
Pumpkin Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 325ºF..
- Spray one large loaf pan, about 9” x 5”, with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together first seven ingredients.
- In another bowl, blend the remaining ingredients together.
- Combine all ingredients and stir well until smooth. (It is a thick batter!).
- Spoon into loaf pan and lightly smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until cake tester comes out dry and clean..
- Cool thoroughly. It’ll seem like the loaf doesn’t want to come out. Just give it a few good slaps on the bottom of the pan, and it’ll come right out..
The combination of these two ingredients prevents a slice of the bread from ever feeling dry, and for us, that's an essential element of a good pumpkin bread. Oil, eggs, and water make this pumpkin bread moist. Many quick breads call for neutral flavored oil like canola or vegetable oil to make the bread moist To keep my recipe from becoming too heavy, part of the oil is replaced with good old water plus three eggs to add moisture to this batter. Baking Time for This Quick Bread Pumpkin bread tastes so quintessentially of the fall, with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and molasses. Use canned or homemade pumpkin purée.