Blueberry sour cream Pie. The Best New And Exclusive Varieties For Your Gardens! We Have Almost Everything on eBay. DIRECTIONS Mix sugar and flour together in bowl.
Whisk together sugar, sour cream, egg, vanilla, almond extract, lemon juice, salt, and flour until smooth. Using an electric mixer, beat in sour cream, egg, vanilla, and salt over medium speed for about five minutes. While pie is baking, prepare the topping by crumbling together the flour, sugar, and butter with a fork. You can have Blueberry sour cream Pie using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry sour cream Pie
- It’s of Pastry :.
- You need of Plain flour.
- It’s of butter Chilled , cubed.
- You need of Caster sugar.
- It’s of Egg , beaten.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Filling :.
- You need of Pastry shell , prepared.
- Prepare of vanilla Instant pudding (3 1/2 oz).
- Prepare of Blueberry pie filling.
- You need of Milk.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Lemon juice.
The sour cream added a slight tanginess to the filling, and the custardy filling drowned out a lot of the blueberry flavor. Overall, I would prefer the blueberries to be the highlight of the. Instructions In a large bowl beat sour cream, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, egg, lemon juice and cinnamon together with mixer. Fold in blueberries and pour into pie crust.
Blueberry sour cream Pie step by step
- The pastry: sift the flour in to a large bowl. Add the butter and rub in until the mixture resembles to fine bread crumbs..
- Stir in the sugar, then add egg and water to make it soft. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes..
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Bake blind in a preheated oven at 200° for 10 minutes until the pastry shell is beginning to brown at the edge. Remove the beans and foil and bake for another 10minutes. Leave to cool..
- Baking blind: Prick the pastry shell all over with a fork. Line with a piece of foil, allowing it to come high above the rim so that it can be lifted out easily after baking. Fill the shell with ceramic baking beans or uncooked rice and bake in a preheated oven at 190° for 10 minutes. Remove the beans and foil and bake for another 10 minutes..
- Pour two-thirds blueberry pie filling in to the baked pastry shell. Pour cold milk in to a bowl and add instant pudding and beat slowly for one minute on lowest speed in electric mixer until well blended..
- Add sour cream and lemon juice to the pudding and mix until well blended. Spread over blueberry filling and top the pudding mixture with remaining blueberry filling. Refrigerate 4 hours before serving..
In a small bowl cut butter into flour. Mix together sour cream, flour, brown sugar, and egg. Spoon half the mixture into crust. Spoon remaining sour cream mixture over pie filling. Cool and place in refrigerator to chill.