Chili-CheeseDog Pizza. Chili Cheese Dog Pizza is basically a cheese coney in pizza form. You could use leftover homemade chili or a can of chili from the store. Making it such an easy meal to prepare.
Garnish with sliced/diced onions, parsley, or green onions and serve. The Weird & Wild "Chili Cheese Dog Pizza" is the best thing on planet earth. It's to simple to be pretentious and too awesome to be ignored! You can cook Chili-CheeseDog Pizza using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili-CheeseDog Pizza
- You need of Chili cheesedog.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of hotdogs.
- Prepare 1 cup of sausage chili sauce see my recipe.
- It’s 1/3 pound of whole milk mozzarella cheese shredded.
- You need 1/3 cup of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish.
- You need 2 tablespoons of yellow prepared mustard.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Pizza dough.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of yeast.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of hot tap water.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Coating.
- You need As needed of extra virgin olive oil for bowl and dough.
A thick layer of homemade beef chili, two types of cheese smothered on top, and of course, the king of the pizza, oven roasted hot dogs. Chili Cheese Dog Pizza This Chili Cheese Dog Pizza begins with a homemade pizza dough layered with hearty chili and shredded Mexican cheese before being topped with sliced hot dogs. It's then garnished with chopped onion and cilantro before being cut into wedges and served. Easy enough for any weekday, yet the perfect way to kick off a weekend.
Chili-CheeseDog Pizza instructions
- Put the hot tap water in a bowl with the yeast, salt, oil, and sugar. Stir well. Let this sit 10-12 minutes. Mix the flour and baking soda..
- Slowly mix the yeast mixture with the flour mixture. When mixed knead for 10 minutes. Coat with oil the bowl and the dough. Let this rise for 1 to 1-1/2 hours in a warm place..
- Punch the dough. Divide the dough in half form two balls let them rest in a warm place for 20 minutes or, put into a ziploc bag and put into the refrigerator, till needed. Then form the pizza crust let it rest 10 minutes. If you want it bigger press it larger..
- Preheat oven 450°Fahrenheit. Take one pizza crust add ketchup spreading it over the whole surface. Cover with mozzarella cheese. Add the mustard. Cut the hotdogs clean in half lengthwise. This will give you 8 slices of hotdogs..
- Place the hotdog slices around the crust. The pizza will be cut into 8 slices so position the slices equally around the pizza crust. Add sausage chili sauce over the top of pizza. Now add the shredded cheddar cheese over the top..
- Add a bit of sweet pickle relish here and there over half the pizza, some folks don't like the relish. We put on top of the cheese so the one's who do can see which one has it on it. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes let rest for 7-8 minutes cut it carefully between the hotdogs so everyone gets an equal share. Now serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Press a pound of pizza dough onto a lightly greased pizza pan sprinkled with a little cornmeal, leaving the outer edge higher and rounded to hold in the ingredients. Spread the chili evenly on the dough to the edges. Wrap pizza dough strip around cheese and hot dog, overlapping slightly in center. Repeat with remaining dough strips, cheese sticks and hot dogs. Place wrapped hot dogs on top of hot chili.