Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies. In large mixer bowl, beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add vanilla; then gradually beat in flour, blending thoroughly. Brown Sugar Shortbread These rich buttery cookies have just three ingredients!
Carefully remove the cookies to a rack to cool completely. Store the shortbread in a tightly covered container at room temperature. Pierce each wedge several times with toothpick. You can cook Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 2/3 cup of coarse sugar (optional for rolling).
Bake until shortbread is brown, firm at edges. Prick with fork or a toothpick so make little holes in the cookies and place on ungreased baking sheets. Do not let them get brown. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the.
Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Set it aside..
- Using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugars together on medium-high speed until combined and creamy. Beat in the vanilla..
- On low speed, add in the flour mixture. Once it's all added in, switch to high speed until the dough comes together..
- Turn the dough out into a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough equally in half. Roll each half into a long, roughly 8"in length and 2.5" in diameter. Tightly wrap each log with saran wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours (and up to 5 days). Chilling this dough is necessary..
- Once it's chilled for the mandatory amount of time, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line some baking trays either with parchment paper or a silicone baking may and set them aside..
- Remove the logs from the fridge. Roll them in the coarse sugar if using, then slice into equal sized cookies. Place them spaced about 2" apart on the prepared baking trays..
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Allow them to cool on the baking trays, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days..
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Chewy, crisp, and tender brown sugar shortbread is made with a combination of light and dark brown sugar for the best flavor. These slice and bake style cookies are simple to make and you'll love the extra sparkle of coarse sugar on the edges! I teamed up with Domino® Sugar to bring you today's cookie recipe. It also makes a wonderful, easy gift!