Caesar Salad Recipe. Wow your friends, family and guests with daily recipes, product recommendations & advice. The Inspired Home is the choice for those looking to create a balanced and healthy home. A classic recipe for a reason, this chicken Caesar salad is delicious and satisfying.
Slowly whisk in the oils to emulsify. Season, to taste, with salt and. Caesar salad is always popular — as a side or an entree. You can have Caesar Salad Recipe using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caesar Salad Recipe
- It’s 15 tbsp. of finely grated Parmesan cheese: 7 ½ tbsp. of cheese for the sauce and another 7 ½ tbsp. to finish the dressing of the salad).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of anchovy fillet.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 10 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain (5 tbsps. to make the flavored oil and 5 tbsp. to make the dressing).
- You need 1 of heart of washed romaine lettuce.
- It’s 1 cup of homemade croutons (Recipe beside).
- Prepare of For the homemade croûtons:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of bread cut into 1cm squares.
- Prepare 5 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, peeled and chopped.
- You need 4 tbsp. of finely grated Parmesan cheese (: 2 ½ tbsps. to melt with the croûtons, and a second 1 ½ tbsps. for a second melting with the croutons).
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper.
These variations are sure to be hits at your table. In this classic Caesar salad recipe, you might notice that our dressing isn't milk-white like the kind you'd find at the grocery store. That's because most Caesar dressings nowadays call for ingredients like mayonnaise, buttermilk or sour cream. The traditional recipe actually consists solely of egg yolk, mustard, anchovies.
Caesar Salad Recipe step by step
- In a medium bowl mix the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain with the chopped garlic and stir with a mixing spoon for 30 seconds. Strain into a large bowl, pressing with a spoon to remove the maximum possible amount of oil, leaving the garlic behind. Set aside the pressed garlic..
- Put the bread in the garlic oil and stir to coat well and evenly. Add 2 ½ tbsps. of finely grated Parmesan cheese, the salt and pepper, and stir well. Transfer to a pan and cook until the croûtons are lightly browned and crisp (about 15 minutes). Remove from the pan and add a further 1 ½ tbsps of finely grated Parmesan and stir. Set it aside to cool..
- Mix the egg yolk, lemon juice, anchovy, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Blend it with a hand-held mixer, food processor or blender..
- Finally, add 4 tbsps. of Parmesan and blend it once more..
- Cut the stem of the lettuce and separate the leaves until they are all loose. Cut the larger leaves in two and keep the small leaves whole..
- Put the leaves in a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons of dressing, you may add more if wanted. Using a fork and a salad spoon or with a gloved hand, toss the leaves until they are well covered with the dressing, the remaining Parmesan and the homemade croûtons, stir again..
- To serve, put the leaves on a plate and put the homemade croûtons on top of them. Add more Parmesan on top if you like..
You don't have to eat out to enjoy a great-tasting Caesar salad. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste, then scrape into a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place romaine in a large bowl.