Crockpot Italian Beef. Combine Giardiniera, pepperoncini peppers, dry salad dressing mix, and condensed beef broth. Add onion and/or peppers if you like. Sprinkle dry mix over the top of all.
When done, remove bay leaf, and shred meat with a fork. Brown roast and place on top of onions. Sprinkle with Italian dressing and seasoning. You can have Crockpot Italian Beef using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Italian Beef
- It’s 3 lb of Beef roast, I used a sirloin cut.
- It’s 1 head of Garlic, the entire bulb cut into slivers.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Each of: thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, salt & pepper.
Add broth and pepperoncini peppers with ½ cup of the juices. Remove meat from slow cooker and place on a rimmed baking sheet and shred the meat with a fork discarding any fat or bones if there is any. Next sprinkle in a packet of Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix. These Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches are done right, Chicago style!
Crockpot Italian Beef instructions
- Cut slits in the roast every inch or so, and stuff with a sliver of garlic. Do this to both sides of the roast until the garlic is used up..
- Mix the dry herbs and spices. Rub them all over both sides of the roast..
- Place roast in crockpot (slow cooker) and cook on high for about 6 hours or on low for 8+ hours..
- Eat as is with your favorite sides, or add a can of beef consomme or au jus, slice and serve on crusty rolls for a French dip sandwich..
Each tender sandwich is infused with Italian seasonings and served on a hoagie dripping with juice and loaded with crunchy giardiniera! Not only are they perfect for serving a crowd, they are effortless to make with a crock pot! Add the beef consommé, italian seasoning, garlic powder, italian seasoning and pepperoncini to the slow cooker. Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat until the oil just begins to smoke.