Carne Asada bowls. Top evenly with bean mixture, steak, tomato, tortilla chips, and avocado. Meal Prep Carne Asada Burrito Bowls. If you're into meal prepping, burrito bowls also make great make-ahead meals (see recipe notes if you want to double the recipe and make a really big batch).
The steak is marinated and either seared or chargrilled. They can be served as a main dish or as a side, in burritos, burrito bowls, tacos, or as is! Place steak in a resealable plastic bag or a large bowl. You can cook Carne Asada bowls using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carne Asada bowls
- Prepare 1 of flank or skirt steak.
- It’s of Guacamole (recipe in my collection).
- It’s of Pico (recipe in my collection).
- You need 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained.
- It’s of Rice of preference (I used cauliflower).
- Prepare of Marinade.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 C of Dale's steak seasoning or your favorite steak marinade.
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of hot sauce (used tapatio).
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 4 of crushed garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Dry Seasoning.
- You need of Onion powder.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- You need of Chili powder.
- It’s of Paprika.
- Prepare of Oregano.
Zest and squeeze limes, reserving a couple of quarters to serve with the bowls. Slice green onion into thin slices, separating green and white parts. Carne Asada is made from one of those cuts of beef that tastes best if it marinades for quite a while. It's typically made from flank steak or sirloin.
Carne Asada bowls instructions
- Marinate the steak at 1-3 days prior in marinade ingredients.
- Guac and pico can be prepared in advance.
- Cook rice. If using riced cauliflower this can wait until the end as it cooks quickly.
- Use meat tenderizer to tenderize meat. Remove from marinade and sprinkle on dry seasoning ingredients. Cook on hot grill 15-20 mins to done preference..
- Let meat rest about 10 minutes and then dice up.
- Assemble bowls with steak, rice, pico, beans and guac.
This step is done for you if you use these prepackaged meats. One note of caution, these are not a good option for anyone who is watching their sodium intake. Take the black beans off the stove. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a ziplock bag and add the steak, tossing to make sure all the steak is evenly coated. Once you are ready to grill, discard the orange slices.