Beef and cauliflower with creamy parmesan sauce. The Best Beef Cauliflower Recipes on Yummly Add cream cheese and stir until melted then add beef broth, heavy whipping cream, garlic powder, tomato paste, and salt/pepper. ASSEMBLE the casserole: Layer half of the cauliflower in the bottom of the casserole dish.
Repeat with the remaining cauliflower, beef mixture and cheese sauce. Place half of the eggplant on the bottom of a large baking dish, cover with half of the beef mixture. Place another layer of eggplant, then the remaining beef mixture on top. You can cook Beef and cauliflower with creamy parmesan sauce using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and cauliflower with creamy parmesan sauce
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1-300 g of beef steak (sirloin or boneless ribeye).
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves, unpeeled and crushed.
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Puree cauliflower with immersion-style blender, or transfer to a blender, until smooth and creamy. Add grated parmesan cheese, olive oil, pepper and salt, to taste. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add cauliflower to the cream sauce.
Beef and cauliflower with creamy parmesan sauce step by step
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan on medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and the rosemary sprigs and let infuse for about 15 minutes, at just below a simmer. Be careful not to infuse for too long or the milk may end up tasting medicinal..
- In a second small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add the flour. Let cook for 3 minutes, whisking continually. Whisk in the rosemary-infused milk. Keep cooking/whisking until the sauce thickens to about the consistency of single cream. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and several grinds of black pepper. Let cook a final minute or two until the sauce is the consistency of syrup. Add extra salt as needed. Keep the sauce warm..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on high heat. Season your steak with salt and pepper, then lay it into the pan. Toss in the garlic cloves. Sear the steak to your liking (I find about 4 minutes per side to be about right). Use a spoon to baste the meat with the garlicky oil while frying. If the garlic cloves start to burn, pull them out and throw them away. Once cooked, remove the steaks to a plate to rest..
- Pour off the oil from the pan and add a fresh splash of veg oil. Add the cauliflower chunks and give them a toss in the oil. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season the cauliflower with salt and pepper, and pour them onto a serving platter. Slice the steak and lay those pieces on top. Drizzle everything with the parmesan sauce..
For topping, combine the bread crumbs, butter and paprika. Add in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and mustard. Whisk and stir until cheese is completely melted and sauce is thick and smooth. Either drizzle sauce over roasted cauliflower, or add cauliflower into the cheese sauce and stir until cauliflower florets are coated in sauce. Season sauce with nutmeg, salt and pepper.