Coconut custard pie. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Lining unbaked crust with aluminum foil and filling it with dried beans or pie weights prevents the crust from puffing up as it bakes.
Add the butter, eggs, vanilla and milk. Add the buttermilk, vanilla and a pinch of salt and whisk until incorporated. You'll begin by par-baking your pie crust according to the recipe of package directions. You can cook Coconut custard pie using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut custard pie
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cream of coconut.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of flaked coconut.
- Prepare 1 (9 inch) of baked pie shell.
Then you'll make the filling by mixing together sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, eggs, whole milk, coconut and vanilla extract, and shredded coconut in a large bowl. Once your crust has par-baked, you'll pour in the filling and bake! In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt. Pour over coconut; sprinkle with nutmeg.
Coconut custard pie step by step
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the cornstarch, salt, and 1/4 of the milk and whisk until smooth. Add the remainder of milk and the cream of coconut and bring to a boil and thickens. Boil for a minute..
- Add about a cup of the hot milk mixture to the eggs whisking constantly, to temper the eggs. Pour egg mixture into the pot whisking constantly and bring to a boil. Boil for a minute or so. Add butter and coconut and remove from heat..
- Pour mixture into prepared pie shell and let sit on counter to let cool down. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 3 hours..
The Steps to Make Coconut Custard Pie We start our Coconut Custard Pie by placing the melted butter, beaten, eggs, flour, sugar, coconut, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined, making sure the sugar is dissolved and not laying on the bottom of the bowl. Coconut Custard Pie is made with an egg and milk/cream custard that sets up and thickens in the oven. Coconut Cream Pie is a custard, but it's cooked on the stove and chilled until set. It's then topped with a layer of whipped cream.