Fish curry Mom Recipe. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Looking For Fish Recipe? A simple, delicious fish curry recipe from the Parsi community in Bombay.
Spiced and earthy, served on a bed of basmati rice for the best Indian food experience. A delicious dinner recipe that goes well with the whole family. My fish curry is so easy to customise, make it as mild or as spicy as you like. You can cook Fish curry Mom Recipe using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish curry Mom Recipe
- Prepare of Rohu Fish.
- You need of Ginger garlic and green chilli paste.
- It’s of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of small onion.
- It’s of tomato.
- Prepare of Poppy seeds.
- You need of Yellow mustard seeds.
- It’s of Crushed black pepper.
- Prepare of Cumin seeds.
- You need of Black mustard seeds.
- You need of coriander and cumin powder.
- Prepare of garam Masala.
- You need of Coriander leaves.
Use full-fat coconut milk for a rich and creamy curry. Fish curry makes for a fresh-tasting, low-fat dinner. Try using sustainable fish such as mackerel, coley and tilapia. Make our quick and easy fish curry recipe with soft white fish fillets, light coconut milk and zesty limes.
Fish curry Mom Recipe instructions
- Wash fish properly, Mix fresh ginger garlic, chilli paste and turmeric powder leave for 45min. Simultaneously start preparing Garvey masala. Take 1 onion and 2 tomatoes.Cut in big pieces. Saute just for 2 to 3min..
- Make a paste of posta dana, yellow mustard seeds, cumin seeds and sauteed onion and tomato if you like more spice add 2 more green chilli..
- Fry fish in mustard oil. You can use 2 or three max pieces in one container to fry based on container size. Fry in low heat for 4 min and then medium or high heat for 1 to 2min depends on colour you like to give. Wow this looks yummy. You can have this also with little crushed black pepper, salt and lemon..
- For gravy. Take pan use mustard oil. Once it is hot. Take black mustard seeds in pan after 30 sec use paste prepared by posta dana/khus, yellow mustard,onion and tomato and cumin. After 5 to 6 min mix remaining ginger, garlic paste and crushed pepper.After 5min mix turmeric and Coriander powder. Once colour changed to light brown put all fried fish and use salt to taste. At last put water close pan and leave for 5 to 6min. Use garam masala. coriander leaves is optional if you want to use..
- Serve fish gravy with rice and salad (cucumber, onion and lime) are the best combination.:).
Now add the broiled fish pieces and saute with the masala for a minute. Once the gravy has reached a consistency which is not very runny, switch off heat. Make a puree of tomatoes, cloves, ginger, garlic, chilies and coriander leaves in a mixer grinder. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.