Mike's Vegetarian Thai Lettuce Wraps. Chop up all of your fresh chilled veggies and herbs. Pile vegetables on your fresh chilled crispy lettuce leaves. Definitely serve with Thai Nam Prik Sauce.
These always fly out of my kitchen! Heat canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet on medium-high. Thai Lettuce Wraps Ground tempeh replaces ground chicken in this make-at-the-table recipe adapted from "The Family Dinner." Serve with lime wedges and sriracha chile sauce. You can cook Mike's Vegetarian Thai Lettuce Wraps using 35 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Vegetarian Thai Lettuce Wraps
- You need of ● For The Vegetables & Herbs [all rinsed dried & fully chilled].
- Prepare of ● Authors Note: All Ingredients Are As Needed Or To Taste.
- You need Leaves of Fresh Thai Basil.
- You need of Chopped Red Thai Chilies.
- Prepare Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s of Thin Sliced Diakon Radishes.
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Asian Pear.
- It’s of Fresh Water Spinach [pickled & divided].
- You need Leaves of Fresh Mint.
- It’s of Fine Minced Lemongrass.
- It’s of Fresh Crispy Bean Sprouts.
- You need of Thin Sliced Bok Choy.
- It’s of Thin Sliced Fresh Ginger.
- You need of Thin Sliced Fresh Shitake Mushroom Tops.
- Prepare of Chopped Bamboo Shoots.
- It’s of Thin Sliced Water Chestnuts.
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Jalapenos.
- It’s of Thin Sliced Carrots.
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Vidalia Onions.
- It’s of Thin Sliced Red Onions.
- Prepare of Chopped Green Onions.
- You need of Thin Sliced Asian Cucumbers.
- You need Leaves of Fresh LG Lettuce.
- It’s of ● For The Sauces/Options.
- It’s of Thai Nam Prik Sauce [see my recipe – preferred].
- You need of Quality Fish Sauce.
- You need of Quality Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Hot Thai Mustard.
- You need of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare of Plumb Sauce.
- It’s of Sriracha Sauce.
- It’s of Sriracha Garlic Sauce.
- It’s of Sweet Asian Chile Sauce.
- It’s of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
The flavor of these vegetarian Thai lettuce wraps is spicy, and nutty with saltiness coming through from the miso, tamari and liquid aminos, but not too much. The textures are varied from curried lentils and mushrooms, to the crunch of fresh veggies and creaminess of the sauce. These vegetarian (and easily vegan) lettuce wraps are similar to the version served at Thai restaurants, but free of harmful additives like MSG. Crunchy pecans lend a hearty, almost meat-like texture to these wraps.
Mike's Vegetarian Thai Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Chop up all of your fresh chilled veggies and herbs..
- Pile vegetables on your fresh chilled crispy lettuce leaves..
- Definitely serve with Thai Nam Prik Sauce. See my recipe. This sauce is as common on Thai tables as ketchup is here on ours in the US..
- But, add whatever sauces you'd like..
To assemble, use the butter lettuce leaves to contain the. View Our Menu and discover the sub above experience. Prices and items vary slightly per location. View the recipe and nutrition for Vegetarian Thai Lettuce Wraps, including calories, carbs, fat, protein, cholesterol, and more. Want to use it in a meal plan?