Custard Pie. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Beat eggs well in a large bowl, then add milk, salt, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
Beat the eggs, yolks and sugar together in a bowl. Pour the hot milk over them and beat gently. Pour the mixture into the pastry. You can have Custard Pie using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Custard Pie
- You need of Base.
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 medium of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1 of Ready made custard.
Line the pie crust with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Cover the edge of the pie shell with a pie shield or homemade foil ring. A knife inserted near the center of the pie should come out clean. Pour the custard mixture into the prepared pie plate.
Custard Pie instructions
- Add butter, sugar, egg beat at medium speed until fluffy..
- Add flour in small parts and it should form a dough use hand when the beater is not usable or the dough maker..
- Prepare a sprayed pan. Preheat oven at 250. Bake at 180 for 20 minutes..
- Add ready made custard and wait untill it settles.
Sprinkle the top of the custard with nutmeg. The pie will seem "jiggly", but a knife inserted into the center of the pie should come out clean. With eggs and milk being the main ingredient to make a custard filling – and nutmeg sprinkled on top – this pie is smooth, silky and ridiculously rich. It's always a big hit with guests! Place the butter, flour, potato starch, salt and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until it has the consistency of sand.